Volunteers are the lifeblood of any nonprofit organization, and we are no different. Everyone has something that they are good at and we can always use help. Whether you are best suited in the office calling to set up sponsorship meetings, going with and helping to set up demos at schools, or want to have your hands in the middle of a full-scale aquaponic build, we can use your help.
Many of our volunteers come to us with little to no experience in hydroponics, aquaponics, or even basic gardening skills, but hang out with us long enough and you will learn all you ever wanted and more than you ever thought you could.
We almost always have a need for the following volunteers:
- Telephone Appointment setters to talk with local business owners and set up sponsorship meetings with decision makers (this is an opportunity to help from your location/home)
- Fundraising coordinator to assist in, and help with, creative fundraising programs to the public
- Grant Writer with experience in finding and writing federal grants (USDA, etc)
- Education presenters that can learn our presentations, learn the main components of hydroponics and aquaponics, and give effective presentations to engage younger crowds (2nd – 8th)
- Hands-on folks that don’t mind getting a little dirty from time to time
If you are looking for a really great way to volunteer, be around other fun people who care about education and the environment, and want to learn more, please go to our CONTACT page and send us a note. You can also join our Email list on the bottom of every page and get notified of special projects where we can use extra hands.